ADSM-L

Win 2000 Client ANS1075E - Program memory exhausted

2000-11-13 10:38:48
Subject: Win 2000 Client ANS1075E - Program memory exhausted
From: Ian Smith <ian.smith AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:33:22 +0000
A client testing the 3.7.2.18 Win client on a machine running
Win 2000 SP1 with 128Mb RAM is getting the following error message
when performing an incremental backup

ANS1075E *** Program memory exhausted ***

in the dsmerror.log. The backup terminates.

This client is backing up a large number of files - 10's of thousands -
but he assures me that that the performance monitor indicates TSM is using
40Mb of memory, that 85Mb is committed and that the machine has 128Mb
installed, so the memory exhausted message seems spurious.

I have heard of restore failures on large filesystems - indeed I believe
the new 3.7.2.19 Win client addresses such an issue - but I haven't
seen such a memory problem with backup .

Has anyone come across this with the recent Win clients ?

Thanks
Ian Smith
Ian Smith
Ian Smith