ADSM-L

TDP for SAP R/3 on a MS cluster

2000-11-12 21:39:05
Subject: TDP for SAP R/3 on a MS cluster
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 23:30:17 +0100
Hi TSM/TDP gurus,

we are installing TDP for SAP R/3 2.7 on a MS cluster.
On one node (NODE1) we run the ORACLE database and on the
other node (NODE2) the SAP application is installed.

Do you have any hints or tips on how to install TDP for SAP R/3 on a
MS cluster?
Usually the new BRBACKUP and BRARCHIVE programs replace the
SAP programs on NODE2.
But with the standard cluster installation I can't access the drives with
the BRABACKUP/BRARCHIVE program on NODE2.

The TDP for SAP R/3 installation doesn't tell me anything about cluster
installation.
Do you think I can install all TDP programs on NODE1 without access to
NODE2? Or does TDP require some other SAP programs?

Any comments/suggestions are highly appreciated!

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
MAIL:   thomas.rupp AT illwerke DOT at