ADSM-L

Archiving and database growth

2000-11-12 20:05:31
Subject: Archiving and database growth
From: "Barth, Terry (MBS)" <Terry.Barth AT MORTGAGEFAMILY DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 07:57:39 -0500
Hello fellow *SMrs:

I am beginning to implement the archiving feature, as the backupset just
wastes too much tape, as from what I have tested, only 1 node goes to 1
tape.  <If I am wrong, please tell me>

Anyway, we have the need to store files for legal reasons for a large amount
of time - ex: 5 years, 7 years, etc. - Therefore, my only solution as to not
waste so many tapes, because I have 250 + servers that I am dealing with, I
was going to implement archiving.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knows the impact that archiving has on
the size of the database?  I am concerned about the archiving feature
growing my database tremendously.

Thanks

Terry