ADSM-L

Re: RV: Re: Client ver 3.7.2 - no SA software

2000-11-10 10:24:04
Subject: Re: RV: Re: Client ver 3.7.2 - no SA software
From: John Monahan <JohnMonahan AT LIBERTYDIVERSIFIED DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:23:01 -0600
I was one that missed the admin GUI at first.  I have found that using the
ODBC driver and Access and doing queries on the TSM DB more than makes up
for the loss of the GUI.  It may take a while to setup all the queries you
like, but it is very flexible and has many of the same benefits of the old
GUI such as sorting by different columns, etc. etc.

    John Monahan
    Network Administrator
    Liberty Diversified Industries
    (763) 536-6677

                    Fred Johanson
                    <fred AT MIDWAY DOT UCH        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    ICAGO.EDU>              cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:         Subject:     Re: RV: Re: Client ver
3.7.2 - no SA software
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    T.EDU>

                    11/10/00 09:07
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

At 09:31 AM 11/10/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>You can use the command line or the command line interface in the web
client
>to send anything to a flat text file and then import it into anything you
>want.
>
>Try   q actlog > actlog.txt

ANR2023E QUERY ACTLOG: Extraneous parameter - >.

That's from the command line on the WebAdmin.  It's a great thing to have
when you're not at your desk, but it doesn't have the ease and convenience
of the discontinued gui.

Fred Johanson
System Administrator, ADSM
S.E.A.