ADSM-L

Re: Antw: TSM Server for AIX, newest version 3.1.2 ?

2000-11-10 05:47:25
Subject: Re: Antw: TSM Server for AIX, newest version 3.1.2 ?
From: Christo Heuër <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:48:48 +0200
Basically what IBM is doing is to have a common hardware platform for there
range of servers - AIX,AS/400,OS/390 (Ouch, it hurts me to call OS/390 a
server ;-)).
The new range will be known as the Z900 range - where you'll be able to run
the same hardware platform under different OS's. For those of you guys/gals
out there from the mainframe world it will be like different LPAR's on the
same physical box - the only difference will be that it will be for unlike
OS'ses.
Do a search on IBM's web site and check out news/announcements.

Regards
Christo