ADSM-L

Oggetto: TCP IP connection failure

2000-11-10 04:02:15
Subject: Oggetto: TCP IP connection failure
From: Alessio Prodon <aprodon AT CENTROGESTIONE.G-NET DOT IT>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:01:31 +0100
Hello !!!
The message "Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure." identify a
connection's problem with server/client.
Check the tcp/ip connection from client/server.
This error is not caused by yesterday's process.
First :  You check the server's service "dsmserv "
Second from the client you entry " dsmc q fi " verify the connection with the
server.
The message "Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure." identify a
connection's problem with server/client.

Good luck

Alessio Prodon

Yasmin Natasya Hafiz Shahrel <yasmin_natasya AT HOTMAIL DOT COM> il 10/11/2000
15.45.18

Per favore, rispondere a "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Per:  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Cc:    (ccr: Alessio Prodon/Centro di Gestione/G-Net/IT)

Good day all,
Need help...Yesterday, I've deleted the storage pool volumes for 10 tapes
using the Web based.. I did this continuously without waiting for the tapes
to finish first the deletion process. At that time it was okay..but this
morning when I issue command dsmadmc and enter the user ID, error displayed
as :
   ANS1017E: Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure.
   ANS80021 : Connection refused by the server.
   Highest return code was -50

As a result, I won't be able to login to the server. ANybody can help me on
this? Is this error caused by what I did on the tapes yesterday...Thank you
in advance.

Regards,
Aishah