ADSM-L

Future of Space Manager under OS/390

2000-11-09 19:09:03
Subject: Future of Space Manager under OS/390
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:22:23 -0500
We are preparing to use the Tivoli Space Manager product with our OS/390
server. A couple of days ago I took a look at the Tivoli Web page with end of
currency information for TSM and related products
(http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/tivolieoc.html). The page lists
three 3.7 products for OS/390: the base product, the space manager, and the
disaster recovery manager. All three go off support at the end of September
2001. The page lists only two 4.1 products for OS/390: the base product and
the disaster recovery manager. The page would seem to indicate that Tivoli is
in the process of phasing out the space manager for OS/390 servers. I have
sent electronic mail to Tivoli Corporate Marketing asking for clarification. I
am still waiting for a reply almost two business days later. In the meantime,
I was wondering if anyone on this list has more information about the future,
or lack of future, of the space management product.