ADSM-L

Re: Client ver 3.7.2 - no SA software

2000-11-09 11:43:02
Subject: Re: Client ver 3.7.2 - no SA software
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 11:39:00 -0500
There are too many things, in the WWW interface that do not work like the
SA gui or are simply not available.

For instance, I collect data transfer statistics. I do this by going to the
SA GUI client, SERVER ACTIVITY LOG, select all 4961 messages and then
SELECT / PRINT them to a file that is imported into a spreadsheet.

Can't do this with the WWW interface. The output is wrapped (if you just
cut/paste). No option to print to a file or with COMMA DELIM, etc.

Also, did I mention it is dog-slow !!!   I have tried using the WWW
interface and after waiting 20 minutes (this is of course, after clicking
through 8-levels to find something) for a query to return (and don't even
think about suggesting our network is the issue. We run 1GB ethernet, FDDI,
ATM, etc. Speed is not an issue), I jumped into the SA GUI program and the
same query/info came back almost immediately !!!.

You may use any web browser like Netscape to administrate the server, the
address is default to dns of your server followed by port 1580, in my case
it
is http://pu01:1580/. Then you'll get a nice GUI.

Regards
Werner Nussbaumer