ADSM-L

Re: How to move data from error tape

2000-11-07 17:23:58
Subject: Re: How to move data from error tape
From: "Walker, Lesley R" <lesley.walker AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 11:23:12 +1300
> Hi friends,
> Has anyone experience a write tape error after a number of percent doing a
> backup particularly schedule backup, then it will continue on another
> scratch tape until completes.
>
> How can i move the data on the write error tape to a new scratch tape (to
> avoid any problems with the rite error tape when restoring) with only 1
> drive available?

I haven't actually had to do this (yet) but I think you would have to move
it to a disk storage pool and back again - which means you need an empty
disk pool to work with.

Also with regard to your other question about how to do reclamation with
only one drive:
There is a parameter called Reclaim Storage Pool which is used for this
purpose - again, the data is moved to a diskpool and then back to a new
tape.

So what you need to do is set up a diskpool, preferably one that's big
enough to hold the data from a full tape, and then update your tape pool
with reclaimstg=<diskpoolname>.

Again, this is just theory from me, I have not done it in real life (but I
will have to do these things soon).