ADSM-L

Re: ORMSTATE in UPDATE VOLHISTORY

2000-11-06 10:46:10
Subject: Re: ORMSTATE in UPDATE VOLHISTORY
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:47:04 -0500
I have never seen it used except with DRM.
If you have DRM implemented, issue the command:

Q DRMEDIA xxxxxx f=d

where xxxxxx is the name of a volume in your vault.

The ORMSTATE options correspond to the DRM STATE shown in the  Q DRMEDIA
output.

You would not need to use UPDATE VOLHISTORY ORMSTATE= in normal
circumstances; normally MOVE DRMEDIA does all the setting and tracking for
you.  I have only ever used ORMSTATE to patch up things when there were
problems that caused tapes to be in the wrong DRM state than what they
should be.
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert