ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:26:31
I would think you could use ACCESS and it's vb language and build a user =
interface.  If you want to use vb, you would still be using it's =
included ACCESS and the TSM provided ODBC driver.
Using VB I would:
install the TSM ODBC driver and create an ACCESS DB
built my queries in ACCESS
use VB to execute the queries and populate a VB form
But I think you could do much the same thing with just ACCESS.
=20

>>> Michel.Engels AT DEVOTEAM DOT BE 11/06/00 09:12AM >>>
Can anyone help me? I am struggling with all the calls possible to get
information and to get logged on to the TSM server. I want to execute =
some
queries and retrieve the results in a visual basic program to be able to =
create
a user interface with limited possibilities. I am a novice in =
programming with
VB but I want and I have to learn it. Executing the query via a dsmadmc =
command
in a shell instruction is I think not possible because I have to =
retrieve not
only the results but also the return codes to be able to interact with =
the
queries.

I scanned the archive but did not find any usefull information. Am I =
reinventing
the wheel or is it so simple that I am overlooking the solution? Reading =
the
manual "Using the Application Program Interface" speaks about C-programs =
and
headers but I am not a C-programmer.

Thank you for any minor program or any advise or hint,

Michel Engels