ADSM-L

Re: Really bad performance for a sql query after upgrading to v 3 .7

2000-11-03 15:42:32
Subject: Re: Really bad performance for a sql query after upgrading to v 3 .7
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:29:13 -0500
I have never been able to do a simple 'select * from volumeusage'.  It will
always
hang the server which is 3.7.3.8 on os/390 r6.  I think the problem compared to
other tables is that volumeusage may not be a real table in the database.
Instead I think it is really just a select on the contents table which is
massive.

Anyone who depends on data from volumeusage might consider opening a
problem with IBM/Tivoli.  Really bad performance can be reported and will
sometimes
be fixed instead of getting the dread 'working as designed' response.
I have always used occupancy data to make reports.  In version 1
it was slow but not too bad.  In version 2 if got much worse.  I opened
a problem for this and it got fixed, after about 6 months.  The fix was great!
A full read out of occupancy went from 5 hours to 10 minutes or less.
So consider calling in a problem, you might be pleased with the result!

--