ADSM-L

Re: Instaling TSM

2000-11-03 13:50:51
Subject: Re: Instaling TSM
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:47:34 -0800
Common problem..

If you install the TSM server software and let smit expand the filesystems
for you during the installation, you will get an install that is only
partial. The dsmserv.dsk file never gets created (among other things). I've
run into this multiple times with both 3.7 and 4.1.. Your best bet is to
remove the software using smit, then rm the /usr/Tivoli directory
structure.. Then expand /usr yourself first (I usually go with 100MB) and
then install the server software. Everything will work like magic.

The installation routines must not expand /usr enough so some of the install
doesn't get done even though the install shows as successful.

Gerald Wichmann
RS Engineer
Sansia System Solutions
408-844-8893 work