ADSM-L

Re: Memory Sizing for ADSM/TSM

2000-11-03 11:39:08
Subject: Re: Memory Sizing for ADSM/TSM
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 11:38:26 -0500
>        Agreed, but I'm sure you've had to do some explaining in the
>past for purchases and it's not always that simple.

It depends upon the nature of the people in charge and organizational
culture.  Back when I worked for The Phone Company, that was a large
bureaucracy with General Purpose Managers and the accompanying need to
arduously describe and justify everything.  Here in a technical
department in a university, those in charge are very much in tune with
technical realities and how systems are performing, and upgrades are
taken care of almost implicitly.  (You may sense why I changed jobs.)
I gather that you have the former type of organization, and I sympathize.
  Richard