ADSM-L

Re: Server-to-server COPYPOOL, anyone?

2000-11-03 09:55:51
Subject: Re: Server-to-server COPYPOOL, anyone?
From: paul baines <paulbaines AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 14:54:11 GMT
Still, I'd be grateful for further *sizing* and configuration hints.

I would think that sizing for a copypool is simply the same size as your
primary data?
What I notice at our site is that we use one server as a pure target server,
the only nodes defined on this machine are ADSM/TSM servers. The two source
servers have databases of 58Gb and 40Gb, but the target database is only
812Mb!

> secondary site, and ideas how to choose the MAXCAPACITY
> of virtual volumes (in relation to tape capacity).

We have 10Gb MAXCAPACITY. The server to server process marks new volumes as
full as soon as it opens them so it uses each volume only once to write to.
This means that your virtual volumes could be any size between 0.01 and 10
Gb. On the target we have a disk storage pool for each source server, 106Gb
and 78Gb

One server has 2537 virtual volumes with an average size of 4,7Gb. The other
server copied 43,6 Gb to the copy pools today over 100Mb ethernet.

Erm,...don't know what else to say. Feel free to write direct to my email
address if you have any other questions.

Paul.