ADSM-L

Re: schedule daemon and password

2000-11-02 10:09:21
Subject: Re: schedule daemon and password
From: Serge Gaudet/EIG <Serge.Gaudet AT ECONOMICALINSURANCE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:06:54 -0500
I would use "passwordaccess generate", but have a separate stanza in the
dsm.sys file to control the parameters that pertain to your oracle specific
backup.  You need to have a separate dsm.opt file (so
-optfile=dsmoracle.opt could be used) in which the servername will be
different than that of the default's dsm.opt file.
different than that of the default's dsm.opt file.

e.g.

dsm.sys
________

SErvername bkpall
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500
   TCPServeraddress   192.168.1.10
NODENAME           node1
PASSWORDACCESS     Generate
PASSworddir        /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin
Schedlogname       /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/schedule.log
Schedlogretention  10 D
DOMAIN             all-local
INCLExcl           /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/GlobalINCLEXCL.list

SErvername bkporacle
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500
   TCPServeraddress   192.168.1.10
NODENAME           node1
PASSWORDACCESS     Generate
PASSworddir        /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin
Schedlogname       /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/oracleschedule.log
Schedlogretention  10 D
DOMAIN             all-local
INCLExcl           /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/OracleINCLEXCL.list

in your dsm.opt file, have only:

SErvername bkpall

in your dsmoracle.opt, have only

SErvername bkporacle

This should help you setup your 2nd dsm scheduler for your oracle needs.
(I juts hope I didn't forget any details.... I haven't had to do this in a
while, and I was working from memory.  There may be a blurb on this
surrounding the documentation with regards to the DSM_*  environment
variables too...)

Note:  This is valid for UNIX type environment..... where the dsm.opt and
dsm.sys are used together to setup the client's options.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Serge Gaudet, CMI
Consultant

                    "Joshua S.
                    Bassi"               To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <jbassi@GLORY        cc:
                    WORKS.COM>           Subject:     Re: schedule daemon and
password
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    01/11/2000
                    10:54 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Unfortunately that's the way it work when you pass it the -pass= flag.
You might to try create a korn shell script with that cmd in there and
see what happens when you execute it.

--
Joshua S. Bassi
Joshua S. Bassi