ADSM-L

Really bad performance for a sql query after upgrading to v 3.7

2000-11-02 09:45:19
Subject: Really bad performance for a sql query after upgrading to v 3.7
From: Mark Brown <mark.brown AT MCGILL DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:45:05 -0500
Hello,

We are currently running TSM Version 3, Release 7, Level 3.6 on OS/390.
We upgraded from version 3.1. On the 3.1 version I used to run a select
command to show me how many tapes each node was using. Here is the
select
command:

select node_name, count (distinct volume_name) as Numvols from
volumeusage -
where stgpool_name='TAPEMCO' group by node_name order by Numvols desc >
tapem.txt

This select used to take about 45 minutes to run on the 3.1 version but
now this
select command simply grinds the server to a halt. I eventually have to
cancel adsm
to recover the server. Is there something about the 3.7 version or my
select command
that would cause this kind of problem. If the command takes 2 hours to
run then that
is fine but I can't have the server slowed down so much that I cannot do
other things.

--
Mark Brown
Mark Brown

Tel      ---> 514-398-2321
Fax      ---> 514-398-6876
E-mail   ---> Mark.Brown AT mcgill DOT ca