ADSM-L

backint sortfile

2000-09-29 11:28:06
Subject: backint sortfile
From: Ken Chamberlain <ken.chamberlain AT UTORONTO DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:26:32 -0400
A pre TDP for SAP question:
Any body using the ADSM BACKINT SORTFILE option?

Our database is on an AIX box.  We have spread the database over 4 volume
groups.
Each volume group contains 4-6 hard disks (SSA disk of various sizes).  A
given Oracle datafile is in only one filesystem, which is in one logical
volume, which may span hard disks but is only in one volume group, so it
should be possible to generate a list of database files with volume group as
the BACKINT SORTFILE.

Anybody done this?
Does it help much with backup times?

Ken Chamberlain
University of Toronto
Phone:(416) 978-1582
Fax:  (416) 971-2085
E-mail: ken.chamberlain AT utoronto DOT ca