ADSM-L

Re: Incr. Online SAP backup

2000-09-28 11:10:34
Subject: Re: Incr. Online SAP backup
From: Keith Roshto <keith-roshto AT RELIANTENERGY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:08:49 -0500
First ensure your env parms are set correctly when you allocate channels.
TDP or Connect agent doc can help you.

ORA-19624 simply states there is an error. Usually you will find an
accompanying OS error, ANS, or other Oracle errors (RMAN, ORA). Look this
up in doc.
Also check your RMAN logs and trace files, as well as the files from the
database server:
     sbtio.log
     dsmerror.log
     dsierror.log

In my environment (AIX) rman creates the snapshot controlfile by default in
$ORACLE_HOME/dbs as file snapcf_<$ORACLE_SID>.f
To set the location of the snapshot controlfile, from RMAN :

     set snapshot controlfile name to '/path/snap_prod.ctl';   (From Oracle
8i Recovery Manager User's Guide and Reference.)

Of course use your own path and filename.

Keith Roshto

TSM TSM <tsmtsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 09/28/2000 08:38:31 AM