ADSM-L

Re: Creating Reclaimation pool on disk

2000-09-27 18:35:43
Subject: Re: Creating Reclaimation pool on disk
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:32:01 -0500
Alyn,

I'm using a similar technique.  This is how I set up my system (ADSM 3.1.2 on
AIX 4.3.2).

** First in AIX:
Filesystem    1024-blocks      Free %Used    Iused %Iused Mounted on
/dev/seqlv1      17727488  17007016    5%       18     1% /seqfs1

** Then in ADSM define the device class (I used 235 MB volumes):
adsm> q devc tapedisk f=d

             Device Class Name: TAPEDISK    <=====
        Device Access Strategy: Sequential
            Storage Pool Count: 3
                   Device Type: FILE     <======
                        Format:
         Est/Max Capacity (MB): 235.0   <=====
                   Mount Limit: 15
              Mount Wait (min):
         Mount Retention (min):
                  Label Prefix:
                       Library:
                     Directory: /seqfs1    <=======
                   Server Name:
                  Retry Period:
                Retry Interval:
Last Update by (administrator): TTREPAGN
         Last Update Date/Time: 09/11/2000 12:01:19

** Then, in ADSM, define a storage pool to use the device class (I set
maxscratch to 63 which is 90% of the capacity - two other similar pools share
this disk resource):
adsm> q stg corptape f=d

               Storage Pool Name: CORPTAPE  <======
               Storage Pool Type: Primary
               Device Class Name: TAPEDISK   <======
         Estimated Capacity (MB): 0.0
                        Pct Util: 0.0
                        Pct Migr: 0.0
                     Pct Logical: 100.0
                    High Mig Pct: 25
                     Low Mig Pct: 0
                 Migration Delay: 0
              Migration Continue: Yes
             Migration Processes:
               Next Storage Pool: CORPPOOL    <=====
            Reclaim Storage Pool:
          Maximum Size Threshold: No Limit
                          Access: Read/Write
                                   the L18
               Overflow Location:
           Cache Migrated Files?:
                      Collocate?: No
           Reclamation Threshold: 100
 Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed: 63   <=======
   Delay Period for Volume Reuse: 0 Day(s)
          Migration in Progress?: No
            Amount Migrated (MB): 173.32
Elapsed Migration Time (seconds): 25
        Reclamation in Progress?: No
 Volume Being Migrated/Reclaimed:
  Last Update by (administrator): TTREPAGN
           Last Update Date/Time: 08/07/2000 17:48:34

** Then in ADSM set the primary tape pool to use that pool as its reclamation
pool:
adsm> q stg corppool f=d

               Storage Pool Name: CORPPOOL
               Storage Pool Type: Primary
               Device Class Name: 3575DEV
         Estimated Capacity (MB): 1,807,864.9
                        Pct Util: 69.0
                        Pct Migr: 86.6
                     Pct Logical: 97.1
                    High Mig Pct: 90
                     Low Mig Pct: 80
                 Migration Delay: 0
              Migration Continue: Yes
             Migration Processes:
               Next Storage Pool:
            Reclaim Storage Pool: CORPTAPE   <======
          Maximum Size Threshold: No Limit
                          Access: Read/Write
               Overflow Location:
           Cache Migrated Files?:
                      Collocate?: No
           Reclamation Threshold: 45
 Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed: 0
   Delay Period for Volume Reuse: 0 Day(s)
          Migration in Progress?: No
            Amount Migrated (MB): 0.00
Elapsed Migration Time (seconds): 0
        Reclamation in Progress?: No
 Volume Being Migrated/Reclaimed:
  Last Update by (administrator): TTREPAGN
           Last Update Date/Time: 09/11/2000 13:00:34

Hope this helps.

Tab

Alyn Bush <xxray AT USA DOT COM> on 09/27/2000 11:32:02 AM