ADSM-L

Errors in the admin web interface

2000-09-27 17:47:42
Subject: Errors in the admin web interface
From: Maria Paz Gimeno <mpgimeno AT IBERCOM DOT ES>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:45:22 +0200
Environment: HP-UX 11.0
TSM 3.7.3

When running the administrator web interface we get the following error:
ANR0132E htpost.c792: Memory allocation failed. Object temporary parameter size
1048577
This message happen almost every time we try to submit a command to be executed.
Querying only, is possible normally without problems.
If we halt and restart the server, we can work for a while, two or three
commands, until we start receiving the same message again. No problems with the
command line.
They have given me the following parameters in the operating system:
unlockable-mem  0
swapmem-on      0
maxfiles-lim     1024
maxdsiz       990056448

I do not know any unix, so really I don't make any sense out of them.
Does any of you have a similar problem? could you help?

We also observe a peculiar behavior when starting the server.
The command is: nohup ./dsmserv -quiet &
the command: ps -ef | grep dsmserv
lists 44 entrys of ./dsmserv -quiet and the process for dsmserv uses 19
segments of memory each one of them of 8388608 bytes.
Is this situation normal in the HP-UX version of TSM?
We have maxsessions set to 10,