ADSM-L

9840 devclass configuration

2015-10-04 17:27:38
Subject: 9840 devclass configuration
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi All -

I have searched high and low for references in the TSM manual and on the
List server for information regarding the configuration of a devclass for
STK 9840 drives.
I saw mention in the archives to defining the devclass as ECARTRIDGE.
Another of you said that the "Help Define Devclass" spells it out also.

No dice. I checked the help files and found no mention what so ever. I even
checked 3 times to reduce my exposure to being labeled as clueless! I can be
labeled as clueless in countless other ways so I need not add to the list
;-).

So... what exactly is my syntax, complete syntax that is?

My guess so far is "DEFINE DEVCLASS "DEVCLASS_NAME" "LIBRARYNAME"
DEVTYPE=ECART"

I am at a loss as to what any other parameters "should" be. What should I
define the format as?

TIA -

CR

Cris Robinson
Storage Engineering
Information Technology Services & Support
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.245.4837
mailto:cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com