ADSM-L

Re: restore of primary storage pool from copy storage pool questi on ???

2000-09-27 09:28:33
Subject: Re: restore of primary storage pool from copy storage pool questi on ???
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:28:05 -0400
Yes, files can be restored directly from copy pool tapes.

If your primary tape is marked as Destroyed or Unavailable, AND the copy
pool tape is available (read only or read/write), *SM will just go ahead and
mount the appropriate copy pool tape.

So when you get to your recovery site, you will need to mark the 4 primary
tapes as "Destroyed" or "unavailable".  Then you will need to mark your 4
copy pool tapes as "read only" (instead of OFFSITE).  That's it!