ADSM-L

Upgrading from ADSM 3.1.2.50 to TSM 3.7.x

2015-10-04 17:27:38
Subject: Upgrading from ADSM 3.1.2.50 to TSM 3.7.x
From: John Haight [mailto:john.haight AT DYNEGY DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I would like to migrate my ADSM 3.1.2.50 data to TSM 3.7.x.

I have out grown my existing hardware and would like to divide up the ADSM data
to 2 new TSM servers.  All my ADSM/TSM servers are connected to the same 3494
tape library (8 3590E drives).

In theory, I should be able to export the meta data of which tapes hold which
data and check out those tape and check them back into the new TSM servers.

What are the export and import commands to issue?  Any additional thoughts?

Thanks...

John Haight
Dynegy, Inc
john.haight AT dynegy DOT com

This message and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you have received it by mistake please
let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not copy
the message or disclose its contents to anyone.