ADSM-L

Image problem

2000-09-25 19:34:47
Subject: Image problem
From: Eduardo Cavazos <ecavazos AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:18:40 -0500
Hi Alex,

I'm also having trouble with the 'backup image' command on my AIX 4.3.3.0
workstation running "Version 4, Release 1, Level 1.0" of the client and
contacting a 3.7.3 server.

I noticed this bit of info in the readme:

When doing Image Backup directly to tape, the RESOURCEUTILIZATION option
value cannot exceed the value of the MAXNUMMP on the server for that
node. If it does,the backup can fail with an Unknown System Error message.

I fixed these parameters on my systems and I'm still having trouble. My
data isn't going directly to tape, but I figured it'd be worth a try.

Has anyone else solved this problem?

Ed Cavazos