ADSM-L

Re: Drives unavailable

2000-09-23 15:27:17
Subject: Re: Drives unavailable
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 12:24:16 -0700
Is there anything in the activity log that might give some clues as to what
happened to the drive at that time?

Is there anything in the AIX errpt that might give some clues as to what
happened to the drive at that time?

You can try various TSM commands to bring it online but chances are to
resolve it you may have to halt the TSM server application (issue halt
command from an admin session.. of course check first that no sessions or
processes are going) and then start it again. We ran into this problem once
and no amount of commands seemed to make it available again until we stopped
the server process and started it again. We created the problem because a
tape had gotten stuck in the drive and someone removed it by hand, but TSM
by that point had decided it was unavailable and wouldn't change it's mind
until we did the above.

Gerald Wichmann
RS Engineer
Sansia System Solutions