ADSM-L

ADSM 3.1.2.40 DB unload/reload

2000-09-22 11:14:05
Subject: ADSM 3.1.2.40 DB unload/reload
From: Tim Melly <Tim.Melly.B AT BAYER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:51:55 -0400
Hi all,

There was a recent inquiry concerning *SM DB unloading-loading and the
potential benefits/drawbacks.
The stated benefit was a significant reduction in DB size (>90% to 52%) but the
drawback was that the process took
approximately 24 hours (this was on a 46 GB DB).

I'm running ADSM 3.1.2.40 on an AIX 4.3.2 SP node (4-way F50 equivalent w/1GB
memory) and have a 19 GB DB. I have some disk space available and was thinking
about doing the unload-reload to disk. I'm hoping this significantly reduces
the processing time.

Has anyone else attempted to do this in an AIX environment and if so what were
your results? Was it worthwhile?

Also, I didn't see anything in the ADSM Admin. Reference manual about
"unloading" the *SM DB.
How is this done?

Thx for any and all input, Tim Melly
                                              Bayer Pharmaceuticals