ADSM-L

Checkout/Checkin Priority

2000-09-20 08:17:06
Subject: Checkout/Checkin Priority
From: Tom Melton <Tom_Melton AT EMORY DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:16:36 -0500
I am using a 3494 ATL and ADSM 3.1.2.55.  When we remove tapes from ADSM
to the bulk door of the 3494 we issue 90 CHECKOUT commands to ADSM.
These background commands take a little while to complete.  We have the
3494 set to give priority to the convienience door vs the bulk door so
that individual tapes can be fed into the 3494.

My issue, the CHECKIN command that is required for these entered tapes
falls in line behind the CHECKOUT commands.  This causes the usage of
the newly inserted tapes to be delayed for some time.

Is there any way to modify the priority of CHECKIN to be higher than
CHECKOUT in the background process queue?

Tom Melton
Emory HealthCare
Emory University