ADSM-L

Re: Would you buy TSM again.

2000-09-19 18:17:57
Subject: Re: Would you buy TSM again.
From: Othonas Xixis <othonas AT BELLSOUTH DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:16:40 -0400
Been in the industry for more than 18 years, and especially in the storage and
backup/recovery business for more than 7 years... I have seen,
tested and worked on a lot different storage products here in the States and
abroad, so here are the answers to yr questions:

How good do you rate TSM on a scale of 1 to 10.  (10 being best) ?
I will give TSM a  9.4 because I believe it is the best available storage
solution in its category... as you can see I use the word "solution" and
not program or package, because TSM is a solution... you just have to do your
homework and put it to work as most appropriate for yr environment.
9.4 because I believe there is still room for improvement... always...
We just finished a 6.8 TB TSM 3.7.3.6/8 / SAN (Fibre/1Gb Ether) solution and it
worked like a "swiss clock", and most important... it worked the
first time (no reinstallations, no reconfigurations, no voodoo) , the only
special thing that I did was... to read the manual and instructions
line by line.

Would you definitely buy it again, or would you shop around ?
Yes, I would buy it again... most definitely... and for various reasons, but
especially for the functionality, scalability, and support.

Good luck on yr decision.

Cheers.

Othonas