ADSM-L

Re: Would you buy TSM again.

2000-09-19 12:36:05
Subject: Re: Would you buy TSM again.
From: "Johnson, Brian" <BrJohnson AT EXCHANGE.ML DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:36:11 -0400
I have worked with ADSM since V1...

It has got markedly better since V3, both Server and Client
8 out of 10

NetBackup is a very good product however - I agree with Kelly, you should
look at the pros and cons for each product

For example if time is a constraint NetBackup can help with multiplexed
backups, many sessions to the same tape at the same time - very fast.

The ADSM / TSM Server is very solid - I have always been able to restore the
server environment following a disk crash or whatever.

NetBackup is easier to administer - but it doesnt have the strength in depth
of ADSM / TSM especially the Server functions - but it does do its "bread
and butter" functions very well.