ADSM-L

Would you buy TSM again.

2015-10-04 17:27:38
Subject: Would you buy TSM again.
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We are reconsidering our backup software.

We are a pretty large unix shop (5 Terrabytes to backup nightly) and are
using some HP Omniback and a lot of Veritas Netbackup.  Mostly HP-UX.

We have a large Lotus Notes Rel 5 implementation on AIX (600 gig on its way
to 1.2 Terrabytes).

We are studying robot technology and SAN's.

Tivoli is selling and Netbackup is trying to stay in the shop.

How good do you rate TSM on a scale of 1 to 10.  (10 being best).

Would you definately buy it again, or would you shop around.

My gut feeling is that everybody has some complaints with their backup
solution.

Lynn Sattler
Dana Corp
Toledo Oh