ADSM-L

Deleting archive files revised

2000-09-18 15:26:38
Subject: Deleting archive files revised
From: Bart Colbert <Bart_Colbert AT RAYONIER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:15:42 -0400
Let me revise the problem a little.

dsmc archive -archmc=ARCH_MC "/path/*" -subdir=yes -description="ARCHIVE1"
dsmc archive -archmc=ARCH_MC "/path/*" -subdir=yes -description="ARCHIVE2"

Now two files exist call /path/myfile one with the description of ARCHIVE1
and the other with ARCHIVE2

if I were to delete archive /path/myfile both are gone

Both have seperate object_id from the select table.

Is there a method (known, without writing a api program) that will allow
for extracting the object data and then specificly deleting each file.

In the example I would like to leave /path/myfile desc=ARCHIVE1
Thanx,
Bart