ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and SQL-Backtrack

2000-09-18 15:08:33
Subject: Re: ADSM and SQL-Backtrack
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:05:14 -0400
> This is my question.  When I go into the ADSM gui, I see the high level file
> space structure of those 2 /BACKTRACK filespaces but don't see any
> file/directory detail.  Why is this?

SQL-BackTrack is based on the ADSM API client. ADSM is designed so that
backup/archive clients cannot obtain information about individual files backed
up by API clients, API clients cannot obtain information about files backed up
by the backup/archive client, and different types of API clients (for example,
SQL-BackTrack and Tivoli Data Protection) cannot obtain information about each
others files. Client-side query facilities for files sent to ADSM by
SL-BackTrack, if they exist at all, are part of SQL-BackTrack.