ADSM-L

Re: How does ADSM Map nodenames to IP's?

2000-09-14 05:48:55
Subject: Re: How does ADSM Map nodenames to IP's?
From: paul baines <paulbaines AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:49:04 GMT
Hi, this is based totally on my assumptions of how the stuff is stored in
TSM. It could be all BS.
You can look at the TSM tables(trees) with the SHOW NODE command. Use SHOW
OBJD to get the page numbers for the "Nodes" object and the
"Schedule.Node.Addresses". Use SHOW NODE and the number for "Nodes". Find
your node name here (The key) and its first data field. If you have more
than a handful of nodes you may have to follow the subtree using a further
SHOW NODE using the key value nearest and greater than your node name.
With the number corresponding to your node, go to the
Schedule.Node.Addresses table using SHOW NODE and find the key value that is
your node number. The second data field is the IP address.
Paul.