ADSM-L

Sharedmem on Solaris 2.6

2000-09-12 11:26:52
Subject: Sharedmem on Solaris 2.6
From: James Healy <bkupmstr AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:26:58 -0700
Can anyone point me to where I can find any documentation on the usage of
Shared memory.

We're having some issues using it with other applications running on our
solaris box.

It seems like there is some sort of conflict with CA's cross platform scheduler.

The only documentation i can find tells how to set it but not how it works.

I'm aware that ther are setting in solaris that define the amount of shared
memory for the os to use but it almost seems like a first come first serve
situation for the memory usage.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Jim