ADSM-L

Re: Moving Exchange Server

2000-09-11 14:12:55
Subject: Re: Moving Exchange Server
From: "Jeffus, Dan" <Dan.Jeffus AT FLHOSP DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:14:03 -0400
I would do this the following way:

1. Install the ESS drive as J: or something copy the files for f: to J:.

2. Rename the F drive to k: Reboot server

3. Rename the J: drive to F: Reboot the server

4. You are finished. Plus you still have the old drive in case you need it.

Dan Jeffus

Intel Systems

Florida Hospital

407-303-5600-5491

Hi *SM-ers,

a bit off-topic but ...

We are running MS Exchange 5.5 with all the Exchange data files on

local disks (F:).

Now we want to move from local disks to an ESS (Shark).

Our Exchange admin (rather new in this area) wants to

*       Shutdown Exchange

*       Copy all Exchange files to another drive

*       Drop drive F:

*       assign the ESS space as drive F: to the Exchange server

*       copy all the Exchange files back to drive F:

*       Startup Exchange

Do you think this should work or should we use our disaster recovery

procedure (with TDP for Exchange) for this move?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards and greetings from Austria

Thomas Rupp

Vorarlberger Illwerke AG