ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading to 3.7

2000-09-08 08:00:59
Subject: Re: Upgrading to 3.7
From: Sean McNamara <mcnams AT PJM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 08:05:11 -0400
Bill,

        Be careful when you uninstall HSM.  I had similar problems and when I
attempted to uninstall the HSM code I received errors saying that it could not
"unload the Space Manager kernel extension".  I then had to reboot the server in
order to remove the kernel extension.  To stop this from happening, I stopped
all ADSM daemons from running, especially the HSM ones and then ran the
uninstall.

Good Luck,

Sean McNamara
Senior Analyst