ADSM-L

ANR8779E messages

2000-09-08 07:26:30
Subject: ANR8779E messages
From: Rainer Holzinger <Rainer.Holzinger AT HAINDL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 13:25:08 +0200
Hi all,

I'm getting sometimes 'ANR8779E Unable to open drive /dev/rmt3, error
number=46'. The drives are B and C (XL) models and located within Magstar
MP libraries (3575 L18 and L24). The message comming up on ADSM 3.2.1.42 as
well als TSM 3.7.3.8 both under AIX 4.3.3. The *sm message manuals are
referencing the error number as the value of errno returned by the
operating system. I unfortunately don't have any AIX books from were I
could be able to find them. The *SM reported errors are not reported in the
AIX error log.

Any idea?

Thanks
Rainer