ADSM-L

Upgrading to 3.7

2015-10-04 17:27:37
Subject: Upgrading to 3.7
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello Everyone,

        I hate to post these easy questions to the *SMers but I need the
help from the gurus.   I am attempting to upgrade to TSM 3.7 and am
receiving errors while doing this.   While attempting to upgrade the
software through SMIT some of the file sets were cancelled and not installed
on the server.   Following is the list of files that were cancelled during
installation:

tivoli.tsm.client.ba.aix43.32bit.base
tivoli.tsm.client.ba.aix43.32bit.common
tivoli.tsm.client.afs.aix43.32bit
tivoli.tsm.client.web.aix43.32bit
tivoli.tsm.client.image.aix43.32bit
tivoli.tsm.client.dfs.aix43.32bit

When looking through the SMIT log it says that HSM 3.1 is installed and to
delete this before loading these files.   Is this the right thing to do, and
if so where are the HSM filesets that I need to delete?   Can someone please
give me the answers to these easy questions. My brain is just fried at the
moment.

Thanks,

Bill Wheeler
AIX Administrator
La-Z-Boy Incorporated
bill.wheeler AT la-z-boy DOT com <mailto:bill.wheeler AT la-z-boy DOT com>