ADSM-L

Client Monitoring and Reporting

2000-09-06 13:31:40
Subject: Client Monitoring and Reporting
From: "E. J." <sysback AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:31:47 -0700
    I just became responsible for a large, multi-TSM
Server environment with 1200+ client nodes.  Most of
the backups are scheduled via the scheduler.  Our
policy has always been that each client-owner would
check the dsmsched.log to ensure that their backups
ran successfully.  However, as we continue to grow
this is becoming too time-consuming.  I am being asked
to provide an automated monitoring solution that will
report on both successful and failed backups,
including skipped files, etc.

    I am interested in learning what other shops have
implemented for client monitoring.

EJ - Ed Jones