ADSM-L

dsmc archive

2000-09-06 10:53:39
Subject: dsmc archive
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 07:52:30 -0700
I've been looking for an example in the books that I have for an archive of
data when there are multiple directories that will be archived together. In
this instance the directories will reside on seperate drives for NT or mount
points for Unix. Do I need to run quotes around the directories or just list
them. All the examples seem to give only one directory or one file....like
that's a real world scenario.

Here is the command:
dsmc archive -subdir=yes -description="Archive 9/05/2000 for 7 years"
-archmc=ret7yr d:\project\* e:\oracle1\* f:\project data\*
Please note that one directory has a space in the name. This situation has
Please note that one directory has a space in the name. This situation has
thrown me off a bit. Do I need to enclose quotes arount the whole structure
along with each folder since I have more than one directory which means I
have a space in between them, or just the folder that has a space?

Thanks for the help,