ADSM-L

TDP 2.1.9 Hanging AIX Domino R5

2000-09-06 10:38:53
Subject: TDP 2.1.9 Hanging AIX Domino R5
From: Damion Alexander <Damion.Alexander AT MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:24:00 -0400
Greetings and Salutations,
We are testing the TDP 2.1.9 PTF3 (ADSM Connect Agent) on AIX 4.3.2 and R5
and only have one problem to resolve.   Whenever I mistype the dsmnotes
command (i.e. forget a dash) on the Domino console, the domino server seems
to hang for awhile.   I can verify it is still running however it won't
respond to any clients for a period of 5-10 minutes then it seems to be
fine.   Has anyone else seen this problem, or know how I can fix/workaround
this other than increasing my typing accuracy? :-)
<mumble> I have a feeling that it has something to do with the way the
dsmnotes executable exits with an error when run by the Domino server.
</mumble>

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Damion

Damion Alexander
Damion Alexander
Server Administrator
Marist College

"We're gonna clean the cobwebs out your mind..."  -Children of Production,
Parliment