ADSM-L

Re: HIGH CPU usage

2000-09-01 11:37:41
Subject: Re: HIGH CPU usage
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 11:16:57 EDT
In article <OF2F65B6F4.02C7180F-ON8625694A.005DBDE5 AT LIBERTYDIVERSIFIED DOT
COM>,
John Monahan <JohnMonahan AT LIBERTYDIVERSIFIED DOT COM> says:

>In my testing of the NAV-TSM CPU problem, it seems that updating to the
>latest Symevnt files has solved my problem (at least on my test box).  Has
>anyone else with the same problem tried it also?

Good Morning John

We tried the 10.3.1.6 level of the Symevnt files and it does not
appear to work for us  As far as I can tell this is the latest level
and has been that level for a while. The Create date fot the copy
that I have is Friday, March 26 1999. The modified date is aug 29 2000.

We now have a problem ticket opened with both IBM and Symantec. I am
going to try a trace this weekend to try to find the file that
causes the problem so we can send a copy to ibm to give to symantec.

len
Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room RB448                                  len.boyle AT sas DOT com
1 SAS Campus Drive                        (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
Cary NC 27513