ADSM-L

Re: Disaster recovery on AIX

2015-10-04 17:27:37
Subject: Re: Disaster recovery on AIX
From: Talafous, John G. [mailto:Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Bill Jolley wrote:

>restore AIX from mksysb (ADSM code resides here hopefully)
>restore adsmvg from a savevg (this creates just the lv for dbv & logv)
>dsmfmt dbv and logv
>dsmserv format dbv and logv
>modify devconfig (manual or atl)
>dsmserv restore db
s>tart server
>mirror dbv and logv
>update devconfig
>Continue with section title "begin COPYSTGPOOL.VOLUMES.AVAILABLE module" in
>DRM planprefix /tsm/drm/drm

Excellent outline/recap of steps to recover TSM on AIX. However, I have not
heard of the 'savevg' mentioned in the second step. Could you please provide
details? Where can I find documentation to lead me on this path?

TIA
John G. Talafous                         IS Technical Principal
The Timken Company                 Phone: (330)-471-3390
P.O. Box 6927                           Fax  :   (330)-471-4034
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927
talafous AT timken DOT com                  http://www.timken.com/