ADSM-L

Disaster recovery on AIX

2015-10-04 17:27:37
Subject: Disaster recovery on AIX
From: Shekhar Dhotre [mailto:Shekhar.Dhotre.B AT BAYER DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi all ,
 we are in the process of testing DRM  for our production and devolopment
environment, at  Sunguard (philadelphia)
our environment S-7a advanced server , and h-70 (AIX 433) TSM 3.7.2  ACSLS
5.2
,STK9710 ,
now i have given task , to perform this test succesfully , in the month of
Noeveber 5  still 2 months to study
now the steps  which i know are  ,
1. i will take my mksysb from this loaction to Sunguard(Sunguards will
provide
identical hardware) so
    restoring from mksysb is not a problem.
2. after rstoring AIX environment , i want to know exact steps to recover
ADSM
server .i.e . how to recover databas and log?
i am using DRM module in TSM  so i am having following tapes with me . and a
floppy that is created each day (volhist.. etcc) .

Recovery Plan for Server TSM
Created by DRM PREPARE on 08/31/00 10:00:07
DRM PLANPREFIX /tsm/drm/drm
Storage Management Server for AIX-RS/6000 - Version 3, Release 7, Level 2.0

Volumes required for data base restore

 Location =
  Device Class = STK9710
  Volume Name =
   MED519

Volumes required for storage pool restore

 Location =
  Copy Storage Pool = COPYPOOL
  Device Class = STK9710
  Volume Name =
   MED517

 Location = VAULT
  Copy Storage Pool = COPYPOOL
  Device Class = STK9710
  Volume Name =
   MED500
   MED502
   MED503
   MED505
   MED506
   MED507
   MED508
   MED509
   MED510
   MED511
   MED512
   MED514
   MED515
   MED520
   MED521
   MED522
   MED523
   MED525
   MED526
   MED527
   MED528
   MED529
   MED530
   MED531
   MED532
   MED534
   MED535
   MED537
   MED538
   MED539
   MED541
   MED542
   MED543

as this will be my first test , i will be under pressure , as you ahev gone
thru this can you please guide me ?
that is steps involved , recovering  TSM server . or any documentation ?
meanwhile i am reading Tivoli Storage manager for AIX admin Guide
chapter 21: Using Tivoli Disaster recovery Manager. and refering ADSM.org
for
DRM experiance..

Thanks  in Advance .

Shekhar Dhotre.