ADSM-L

Re: Disaster recovery on AIX

2000-09-01 10:05:48
Subject: Re: Disaster recovery on AIX
From: Christine Wickham <Christine.Wickham.B AT BAYER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:50:52 -0400
This year we have performed two ADSM server recoveries at Sungard in
Philadelphia. Here is an overview of what we performed:

Restore node from mksysb (in our case it was an SP node)
Export our old volume groups clean out /etc./filesystems
Create volume groups and filesystems for database, storage pools, etc. Sungard
gave us the exact layout of what we would have, so we created scripts that
would create appropriate filesystems. In our case, we have 9 GB SSA drives at
our site, but Sungard only had 4.5 GB drives.
From this point on, we followed the documentation in the Admin guide on DRM
Burst apart the DRM plan. We send ours off site every day on a floppy, so we
used the copy from the floppy. Our Mksysb did not have the plan for the day we
were restoring to.
Instead of running the main script, we chose to run each script individually to
ensure that any errors we encountered wouldn't get buried in log files.

Chris Wickham
System Admin (UNIX and ADSM)
Bayer Corporation, Pharmaceutical Division

"DDA.RFC-822=ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU/P=Internet/A= /C=us" on 09/01/2000
09:03:18 AM
Please respond to "DDA.RFC-822=ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU/P=Internet/A= /C=us"
@ X400