ADSM-L

Re: SV: Restore problem, wrong file in base ?

2000-08-31 08:18:27
Subject: Re: SV: Restore problem, wrong file in base ?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 08:18:02 -0400
>My problem is that the file that is been restore is also only 93 K, and I
>know is should have been 13.73 M, like in the select command.

Bent - According to the results from your client query, with -Inactive,
       there is only that one copy of the file, and it is 93 KB, and is
the Active copy.  From all appearances, that's what's out there.
I would say that the March 28, 2000 backup which put the file into
server storage was successful, given that the file is 43/72 in its
aggregate; so that's it.
    I'd say you'd need to question the belief that the file itself was
thought to be 13 MB.  Is there some kind of compression or sparse file
issue involved in this, that's not apparent from the queries?

       Richard