ADSM-L

TSM and checkin libv

2000-08-30 18:15:17
Subject: TSM and checkin libv
From: Bob Booth - CCSO <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:15:21 -0500
Hi all!

I have just upgraded to TSM 3.7.3 from ADSM V3 R1, and I am having trouble with
the checkin libv command and my 3494 library.  I worked under ADSM V3 and it
does not look like the docs have changed on the command.

The operators run a script after bringing empty tapes from offsite and putting
them in the library.  The script issues the following:

checkin libv ccso3494 status=scratch checkl=barcode search=yes

This command used to just put all the inserted tapes back into scratch, but
now it fails with the following:

ANR8403E CHECKIN LIBVOLUME: Operation not allowed for 349X libraries.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

The help for checkin libv does say the checkl=bar works for 3494 libraries.

To get the command to work today, I had to change checkl=bar to checkl=yes or
take the parm out of the command completely.

I can also get it to work if I say checkl=no, which seems to go against the
advice in the docs...  Doesn't seem right.. eh?

thanks for help as always!

Bob Booth