ADSM-L

Re: Ecart Tape Drives

2000-08-30 04:36:46
Subject: Re: Ecart Tape Drives
From: Gerrit van Zyl <gvanzyl AT FARITEC.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:33:45 +0200
Wanda,

I'm still struggling to define our Timberline and Eagle (9840) Tape Drives as
E-cart devices to ADSM.  Can you tell me if  your ADSM Server is running on
AIX?  If yes, can you send me a "lsdev -Cctape' output.  In our environment,
AIX defines the Timberline and 9840's as  IBM 3490E Tape Drives.  It then needs
the Atape driver in order to get the tape drives working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Gerrit van Zyl