ADSM-L

backupset restore problem

2000-08-29 17:09:59
Subject: backupset restore problem
From: Phillip Guan <pguan AT SANSIA DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:08:19 -0700
Hi all,

We want to test a Lan-free restore and had a problem to restore a backupset,
here is the situation:

HW: RS6000 43P
SW: AIX 4.3.3
TSM server: TSM for AIX 3.7.3.6
TSM client: TSM for AIX 3.7.2.15
Tape drive: HP DLT40e, IBM DLT, 4MM tape ( all manual drives)

We created a backupset and we can restore the backupset THROUGH server by:
#dsmc restore backupset nodename backupsetname -loc=server

but when we run (we tried HP DLT, IBM DLT and 4mm):
#dsmc restore backupset /dev/rmt0 -loc=tape

we got the following message:

ANS1933E Error accessing file or device

The TSM server and client are on the same machine. But even I shutdown the
TSM server and delete related TSM tape drives, I still got that error
message. We have been frustrated this for many days, any help will be great
appreciated!

Best regards,
Phillip Guan
Sansia System Solutions